By Dave Smith
Step via a variety of priceless issues utilizing entire and real-world operating code examples; comprises greater than a hundred down-to-earth code recipes. This publication is up-to-date to incorporate the Android 5.0 SDK, in addition to previous releases. rather than summary descriptions of advanced strategies, in Android Recipes, you will discover reside code examples. in the event you begin a brand new undertaking you could think of copying and pasting the code and configuration documents from this booklet after which editing them to your personal customization needs.
Crammed with insightful guideline and precious examples, this fourth variation of Android Recipes is your advisor to writing apps for one in every of today’s preferred cellular systems. It deals pragmatic recommendation to help you get the task performed speedy and good. this may prevent loads of paintings over making a venture from scratch!
Android remains to be one of many best cellular OS and improvement structures using latest cellular ideas and the apps surroundings. Android seems complicated, yet bargains numerous equipped improvement kits to these entering Android with differing programming language ability sets.
What you’ll learn
- Code for Android smartphones and tablets
- Use exterior libraries to avoid wasting time and effort
- Boost app functionality by utilizing the Android NDK and RenderScript
- Design apps for functionality, responsiveness, and seamlessness
- Send facts among units and different exterior hardware
- Persist program facts and proportion it among applications
- Capture and play again a variety of machine media items
- Communicate with internet services
- Get the main from your person interface
Who this publication is for
This e-book is a convenient reference for all Android app builders.
Table of Contents
1. Layouts and Views
2. consumer Interaction
3. Communications and Networking
4. Interacting with gadget and Media
5. Persisting Data
6. Interacting with the System
7. pics and Drawing
8. operating with Android NDK and Renderscript
Read or Download Android Recipes A Problem-Solution Approach for Android 5.0 PDF
Similar compilers books
SugarCRM is one in all if now not the top Open resource CRM answer available to buy at five. five million downloads and starting to be and with approximately 17,000 registered builders and many extra clients. it will be the legitimate, definitive publication written by way of SugarCRM and counseled through SugarCRM. additionally, this publication will be additionally the single SugarCRM developer ebook so that it will handle the platform comparable good points considering that SugarCRM five.
As info applied sciences turn into more and more allotted and available to bigger variety of humans and as advertisement and govt corporations are challenged to scale their purposes and companies to greater industry stocks, whereas decreasing charges, there's call for for software program methodologies and appli- tions to supply the subsequent beneficial properties: Richer software end-to-end performance; aid of human involvement within the layout and deployment of the software program; Flexibility of software program behaviour; and Reuse and composition of present software program functions and platforms in novel or adaptive methods.
Numerical computation, wisdom discovery and statistical info research built-in with robust second and 3D portraits for visualisation are the major themes of this e-book. The Python code examples powered by way of the Java platform can simply be remodeled to different programming languages, akin to Java, Groovy, Ruby and BeanShell.
- Introduction to Compiler Construction
- Automated deduction-CADE-18: 18th International Conference on Automated Deduction, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 27-30, 2002 : proceedings
- Introduction to Programming with Fortran: With Coverage of Fortran 90, 95, 2003, 2008 and 77
- Formal Methods at the Crossroads. From Panacea to Foundational Support: 10th Anniversary Colloquium of UNU/IIST, the International Institute for Software Technology of The United Nations University, Lisbon, Portugal, March 18-20, 2002. Revised Papers
- Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach for Android 5.0
Extra info for Android Recipes A Problem-Solution Approach for Android 5.0
The second animation causes the coin to slide up in the view during the rotations. This gives more of an effect that the coin is being tossed into the air. Since the coin must also come back down, the animation is set to run once in reverse after it completes. Listing 1-20 shows this new animation attached to the flipper activity. Listing 1-20. onTouchEvent(event); } } In this case, we’ve used an AnimatorInflater to construct the AnimatorSet object from our XML. ofFloat() did for us implicitly.
Com/apk/res/android" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:orientation="vertical" >
Building the custom control in this fashion ensures that we can still define this view in XML layouts. Without implementing the attributed constructors, this would not be possible. buttonStyle to the constructor. This defines the style value that should be pulled from the current theme and applied to the view. This sets up the background to match other button instances, but it also makes the view clickable and focusable, as those flags are also part of the system’s style. Whenever possible, you should load your custom widget’s look and feel from the current theme to allow easy customization and consistency with the rest of your application.
- Download Programming Languages: Principles and Paradigms by Maurizio Gabbrielli PDF
- Download Scala: From a Functional Programming Perspective: An by Vicenç Torra PDF