By François Charette; Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad Miṣrī
Read or Download Mathematical instrumentation in fourteenth-century Egypt and Syria : the illustrated treatise of Najm al-Dīn al-Mīṣrī PDF
Similar interior decorating books
The logo is among the such a lot notable literary innovations of Renaissance humanism. The symbolic imagery awarded in those Neo-Latin brand books constituted an immense impact on many parts in early smooth literature and paintings. This quantity offers the 1st complete research of Sambucus' influential Emblemata (first released by way of Christopher Plantin, Antwerp, 1564).
Together with 14 contributions, this quantity examines the reliance upon a suite of authoritative texts in early Christianity. Scripture, eventually authored via God himself, turned an item of cautious recognition not just in scholarly research yet in all facets of early Christian existence.
This article discusses recommendations in meals processing and maintenance from the palaeolithic interval via to the overdue Roman Empire. It considers the necessary function nutrition expertise performed within the political, monetary, and social cloth of historic society.
Manhattan instances Bestseller
“I are looking to rip out each web page of this excellent booklet and dangle them on my wall in order that i will be able to be surrounded by way of those fabulous girls all day lengthy. ”
—Emma Straub, New York Times bestselling writer of The Vacationers and *Modern enthusiasts*
Across the globe, girls are embracing the entrepreneurial spirit and beginning artistic companies. within the corporation of ladies profiles over a hundred of those influential and artistic girls from every age, races, backgrounds, and industries. Chock-full of useful, inspirational suggestion for these trying to forge their very own paths, those interviews aspect the keys to good fortune (for instance, going together with your intestine; preserving significant and lasting relationships), spotlight the significance of daily rituals (meditating; making a day-by-day to-do list), and dispense suggestion for the following new release of girls marketers and makers (stay precise to what you think in; have patience). The booklet is rounded out with countless numbers of lush, unique pictures of the ladies of their paintings areas.
- Participatory Learning: Religious Education in a Globalizing Society (Empirical Studies in Theology) (Empirical Studies in Theology)
- Ethnicity and the Bible
- Collected Papers 1962-1999
- Studies in Early Jewish Epigraphy
- Reading Luke-Acts in Its Mediterranean Milieu (Supplements to Novum Testamentum)
Additional info for Mathematical instrumentation in fourteenth-century Egypt and Syria : the illustrated treatise of Najm al-Dīn al-Mīṣrī
Ar¯at (on the astrolabic quadrant) and Kashf al-rayb f¯ı ’l- ֒amal bi-l-jayb (on the sine quadrant) were quite popular. 2; on the mujannah , see Charette 1999a. 54 This is reported by al-Mizz¯ı’s contemporary al-S afad¯ı (Nakt, p. 209). The fifteenth-century . afad¯ı, gave those prices as 10 d¯ın¯ars for astrolabes and 2 d¯ın¯ars for quadrants; these are probably converted from the above figures (with 20 dirhams to the d¯ın¯ar). Cf. Mayer 1956, p. 61. 55 Three of them are described in Dorn 1865, pp.
Most of the historical issues presented in the above survey require detailed research which still needs to be conducted, a task beyond the scope of the present work. The above remarks of a preliminary nature nevertheless aimed at providing the reader with a clearer perspective of the place, role and virtues of practical astronomy, and especially of instrumentation, in the context of Egyptian and Syrian societies of the Mamluk period. Attention now turns to a work of major importance. 34 Since it became the standard reference work for Mamluk Egyptian and Syrian, Rasulid Yemeni and Ottoman Turkish specialists of the subject,35 it merits attention here.
4. On his work on sundials, see the article “Mizwala” in EI 2 , VII, pp. 210–211 (by D. King). 48 Suter, MAA, no. 398; Brockelmann, GAL, II, p. 155; King, Survey, no. C24. 49 Preserved in the unique manuscript Leiden Or. 468. 50 On those of the unusual kinds, see p. 90, n. 127 and p. 222. 51 On his biography, see al-Safad¯ı, Nakt, p. 209; Ibn Hajar, Durar, III, p. 410 (no. 3392); . see also Mayer 1956, p. 61. On his works, see Suter, MAA, no. 406; Brockelmann, GAL, II, pp. 155–156 and Suppl. II, pp.
- Download Managing Bipolar Disorder: A Cognitive Behavior Treatment by Michael Otto, Noreen Reilly-Harrington, Robert O. Knauz, PDF
- Download The Peritoneum by Gere S. diZerega M.D., Kathleen E. Rodgers Ph.D. (auth.) PDF